Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I Know, My Kids Are Beautiful :)

The amazing, talented, wonderful, hilarious Sheryll of Sheryll Lynne Photographers did a quick mini session of my kidlings last month.
You would die if you saw the location of where these were shot.....every time I drive by I giggle because I would never think in a million years you could get a semi decent picture in that place ;)

So, someone tell me how my little teeny tiny ginger baby turned into this little kid who sits and walks and has molars {soon to be 4 molars!} and jabbers and sings and dances and eats chicken nuggets??  Seriously, when did this happen?


I don't have a lot of experience with redheads, but from what I understand, this one is definitely a typical, hot tempered, fiery little one.
And I love it!
She answers to all of her many nicknames {Pants, Ners, Ners-Ners Baby, Ginger Baby, Janers, the list goes on....}
Her favorite song to "sing" is either Happy Birthday or We Are Young {thanks to Mya who sings it all. the. time}
She will dance to anything - even hymns at church.
She walks.....but still not all the time.  She has just decided in the last couple days that she wants to maybe try and get the hang of it before she turns 1 in 2 weeks from tomorrow.
Her clothing sizes are all over the place - yesterday she was wearing an 18 month shirt and 3-6 month shorts. 
Still super skinny and super tall.
She will eat almost anything, except fresh fruit - I think the texture weirds her out.  She prefers the baby food pouches, probably because she can just suck the stuff out and be done in under a minute.
She does love fresh fruit smoothies, and I've been trying to find some sort of cup where I can just give them to her like the baby food pouches because I'm tired of sitting with her with a straw.
But I keep trying to give her the good stuff - cut up pears and peaches, etc., and she keeps spitting it out.
Black beans are probably her most favorite food, followed by green beans, any meat, and cheese. 
She is stingy with her kisses and hands them out pretty much only to Daddy, I think just to tease me.  I'm sure of it.
She only gives hugs to Mya.
She loves her big sisters and just wants to be cool like they are.

Lauren.  Lauren, Lauren, Lauren.
I have decided I will cry when she goes to Kindergarten this fall.
Not because she's my baby and I'm sending her off into the big, bad world {that's a whole other post}, but because she is so much fun and I am going to miss her like crazy when she's at school.
She loves to help me do anything - cook, clean {sometimes}, entertain Jane, pull weeds, snuggle.
She is just such a good, loving, sweet, kind, happy kid.


And gorgeous - did I mention gorgeous?
I love to see her curls bounce up and down on her back as she prances around the house every day.
I'm pretty sure 5 is the best age ever.


Mya Moo!
I will forever love this picture.
I'm sure when I'm old and I think of Mya as a child, this is how I will picture her in my mind.
I let both her and Lo choose their own outfits for their pictures, and Mya's is so classic Mya - purple sweater, skinny jeans, and boots.


She is getting so big, so dramatic, and is a riot {as long as you aren't needing her to behave or do something}.
She truly is just about the most entertaining kid I've ever met.
She is getting super particular about her hair - which is actually starting to kind of grow and we can kind of style it.
She loves it "straight", and I do, too, because it almost is a little bob.
Adorable.
She loves makeup and asks me all day long for dark pink lipstick, which I apply, and then she walks around like she owns the place.
She is 3 going on 17.....it's going to be a long 14 years :)
I'm confident that her cheeks are never going to get smaller, and I'm fine with that because when she rides her bike and goes over bumps, they jiggle and it's the best.


I sure do love these girls!
Sometimes I just look at them and wonder how I got so lucky.
I am so blessed.


5 comments:

The Byers Family said...

I love this post! Of course I'm teary eyed reading this... I love those girls! We are so so lucky to have them and you in our family!

Jennie-O said...

Oh Kiersti, your kids are beautiful!! I love that we share kids of the same age and I can relate to almost everything you just wrote!!

jessica said...

they certainly are. love these gorgeous pics. and evs has the same outfit from top to bottom. you've got good taste, girlfriend! ;)

Heidi said...

Wow! I can't believe how big your kids are!!! They are gorgeous!!

Lindsay said...

You describe those cute girls of yours in the sweetest way! So glad for an update. :) Beautiful pictures. She is on my short list for the next time I have family pics done.