Just wanted to throw this little picture of B in here - she's so cute!!!!
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Just wanted to throw this little picture of B in here - she's so cute!!!!
Posted by Kiersti at 2:31 PM
She comes home all tatt'd up! I think it's hilarious! She had one on her hand, on her wrist, her tummy, and her leg. She kept telling me "it's not time for baths today" and freaking out whenever we had to wash her hands because she was afraid they were going to come off. I kept looking for Mya's but couldn't find any. Maybe there's one on her neck, oh wait, she still doesn't have one of those. Shara's such a fun auntie!!
Posted by Kiersti at 2:19 PM
Monday, February 23, 2009
Our nice quiet life in the middle of the night, as we know it, is over.
We always shut our door at night - because I just have to have it that way. Always have. Well, one night last week, we were just getting into bed, and I had to go out to grab something that I'd forgotten from the kitchen at around 11:00, and found Lauren standing outside our bedroom door. This has never happened before. I don't know how long she had been there (couldn't have been very) but she didn't knock or make a peep, just stood there. She still can't open door knobs - which is a conflict for me....do I really want her to have all of that freedom? Do I REALLY want her to be in Mya's room waking her up, and getting into the pantry on her own? Really?
Anyway, so I promptly took her back to bed, which was then a struggle to get her to sleep again. So now we've decided that we need to have our door cracked so that if she gets out again she's not standing outside our door for who knows how long. She can just trot her little self right in at whatever time she likes and wake us up. Which totally creeps me out, by the way. Not an issue again until Saturday night, when Bryan woke up to "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy" being whispered right next to the bed - I luckily did not wake up to this, or else I probably would've screamed bloody murder. I don't know why it creeps me out so much to know she's out and about in the middle of the night, but it does.
Maybe it's genetic - when I was a kid I would get these horrible bloody noses in the middle of the night, and for some reason was scared to just walk into my mom & dad's room and just say "Hey, got a bloody nose here, need some help cleaning myself up". So instead, I would quietly get right up next to my mom and just stand there until she woke up. Sometimes I would whisper oh so softly "Mom, Mom, Mom" and she would wake up and freak out because here is her daughter, standing by her bed, being creepy and covered in blood.
So now I am the mom who gets to wake up to the creepy kid coming in to my room in the middle of the night. Let's just hope she's not covered in blood, I think I would have a heart attack.
Posted by Kiersti at 4:37 AM
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Posted by Kiersti at 9:10 AM
Thursday, February 19, 2009
FYI - some of you were wondering why I started moderating comments. Well, I just rejected my first comment - some stupid spam about card/invitation websites that was the whole reason I started moderating in the first place.
Feels good - reject, reject, reject!!!
Posted by Kiersti at 9:38 AM
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Posted by Kiersti at 4:54 PM
Monday, February 16, 2009
Posted by Kiersti at 2:14 PM
This was my big surprise for Bryan - a cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes. The most incredibly moist and delicious cake you will ever eat, for sure. And I'm really glad I ordered it, because given the state of my household on Saturday, there would have been no baking going on!
Posted by Kiersti at 1:51 PM
Friday, February 13, 2009
Posted by Kiersti at 7:29 AM
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Erythema Multiforme - if you want the technical definition, Google it. All I know is that it's what Lauren has. Yesterday morning I noticed she has a few small spots on her stomach and chest, and at first I thought they might be chicken pox. Within an hour, there were 3 times what I had originally saw and most of them were really big, and getting bigger. Apparently she's allergic to the amoxicillin she was prescribed last week for a sinus infection (which she had been taking for a week when this appeared, and has taken before). Before I knew it, her entire body was covered in them - she even has some on her eyelids and in her ears!
We went to the doctor, and he said that basically her body will just get over it on its own within the next 10 days, and to give her Benadryl/Zyrtec and Tylenol. It itches, and is actually painful. Her knees, elbows, and ankles are all swollen, which he says is normal, and today actually look bruised. She could barely walk yesterday because it hurt so bad, it was so sad! We had to carry her everywhere, and she just kept saying "I hurt, kiss it better again". And last night when she went to say her prayers, she tried to kneel down (I was telling her to just come sit on my lap) - she got one knee down and almost started to cry. It just breaks my heart!
Hopefully she'll be over it soon and I'll have my crazy child back!
And now on a lighter note, here are some pictures of Mya eating her first biter biscuit - I've never seen anything like it, you would've thought she was eating a piece of heaven the way she was chowing down on that thing!
Her world ended when I took the remnants away and started cleaning up. What can I say? The kid likes her food!!
Posted by Kiersti at 7:36 AM
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Posted by Kiersti at 10:16 AM
Posted by Kiersti at 10:05 AM
Stole this from Jen's blog, looked fun and a little different.
Why do I love these things oh so much?
7 Things I can do:
1. Type really fast
2. Hear music everywhere - I can hear the songs clear as day in restaurants, stores, etc., drives Bryan crazy
3. Multitask - I can do lots of things at once
4. Laugh at myself
5. I learn the words to songs really quickly, and it must be genetic because Lo can, too
6. Get up really early in the morning when going to bed relatively late - I'm kind of a morning/night person, my down time is between 3 and 5 in the afternoon
7. Use the word "yo" way too much
7 things I can't do:
1. Keep my house clean on a daily basis - wish I could
2. Stay patient
3. Play sports - I'm horribly uncoordinated
4. I can't go without my hair being washed even 1 day - it's disgusting. Thank heaven for trailers.
5. Not check my blog every day
6. Learn how to properly apply makeup
7. Make a recipe for the first time and have it turn out - takes me at least twice. I hate it!
7 Things that attracted me to my husband
1. His curly hair and white K-Swiss the night we met
2. He has the greatest profile, I used to take tons of pictures of his profile. Weird, I know.
3. His relationship with his mom
4. He's an extremely hard worker
5. He is the funniest person I know, really, and all of you who know him will agree. He makes me laugh hard at least twice a day.
6. We coudn't stop talking
7. He never yells......NEVER, and he calms me down when I do
7 Things I say the Most:
1. I love my B Mya!
2. Gues what?
3. Daisy, stop it!
4. I love my Lolo!
5. You've got to be kidding me! (usually when driving, and now Lo says it)
7. Listen to Mommy!
7 Goals for the year:
1. Be more patient
2. See our friends more
3. Not get pregnant :)
4. Enjoy my kids more during this stage of their lives
5. Relax about the things that really don't matter (putting the dishes away in the wrong place, etc)
6. Pray more
7. Get to know people better
7 favorite foods:
1. Pizza (I know, I'm like a 5 year old) - especially from Sweet Home Chicago
2. Beef Lo Mein from Janbo Express
3. Rolls, rolls, and more rolls
4. Ben & Jerry's chocolate brownie fro yo
5. Cheese ravioli from Olive Garden
6. White chocolate raspberry truffle cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory (drool)
7. Reese's shakes from Arctic Circle - why is it that wherever we live there's one right on the corner?????
I tag everyone who feels the need, yo :)
Posted by Kiersti at 6:10 AM
Thursday, February 5, 2009
I just have to take a cheesy moment and talk about my husband. Here we are with sick kids, and he has been so great, I can't even stand how good I have it sometimes.
Yesterday night Lauren was up all night long, she's got a sinus infection, and Mya has something going on that is making it hard for her to sleep, too. So all night long, we're in and out of both kids' rooms.
Without complaint, he gets up almost every single time before I do - sometimes I don't even know he's gone until he comes back. He tries to be quiet and not wake me because I have to get up so early.
Yesterday Lauren wouldn't go back to bed after about 5:00 am, so I just stayed up with her - Bryan leaves for work at 5:30, so I was solo all day until he got home at 4:00. I had the worst day I think I've ever had - 2 kids screaming, Lauren not wanting to take a nap, Mya wanting to be held until she fell asleep, both not feeling good, me not able to fix it.
When Bryan got home I broke down, sobbing, telling him what a bad mother I thought I was because I yelled, no screamed at Lauren - I was just so exhausted. He just let me cry and reassured me that I'm a good mom. And he took care of the girls the rest of the night, calling and letting the Young Men's president know he wouldn't make it to mutual so that he could help me. I didn't even ask.
And when I came upstairs from working last night, the girls were all ready for bed in their jammies, just waiting for me so we could say prayers together.
He then told me he was going to get off early today so that he could come home and I could work to make up some of my hours I missed from yesterday.
I just got a text asking what he's supposed to make for dinner tonight, and I know all I have to say is "tacos" and he'll come down in a few minutes when it's ready.
I love him so much, and I am so lucky. I just feel so blessed today for such a great husband. I know you won't read this, but I love you B-Town, you are the best guy in the world for me, and I'm so glad I went to a dumb party on August 4, 2001 and got to meet the cute guy with the curly hair in the KSwiss and plaid shirt who showed me he had mad hops on the front lawn.
Posted by Kiersti at 5:23 PM
Monday, February 2, 2009
I've been tagged by J - here goes!
1. Sitting in front of the TV, what's on the screen? Lately the Discovery Channel - he loves documentaries, the Office, anything funny
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does he get on his salad? ranch or bleu cheese
3. What's one food he doesn't like? tomatoes (and many, many others)
4. You go out to a restaurant, what does he get to drink? Coke, Diet Coke, or water
5. Where did he go to high school? West Jordan
6. What is one phrase he says all the time? "How do you like them apples?"
7. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? Guns, guns, and more guns.
8. What is his favorite type of sandwich? French dip
9. What would this person eat everyday if he could? chinese food from Janbo Express, La Puente.
10. What is his favorite cereal? Cocoa pebbles
11. What would he never wear? anything that is remotely trendy/metro
12. What is his favorite sports team? the Jazz (he's only recently begun to even really care about sports, but the Jazz have visited out TV frequently the past couple of years)
13. Who will he vote for? the most conservative candidate
14. Who is his best friend? Me, of course, and Greggy poo
15. How many states has he lived in? Utah
16. Does he have any nervous habits? Seriously? He fidgets CONSTANTLY, with basically every body part that can fidget
17. What could he spend hours doing? Looking at KSL or Ebay
18. He is: hard-working, inappropriate, funny, smart, my bff - I'm using all of J's answers, because that's how I describe my boy too
she. (I actually got Bryan to fill this out - with me typing, because it would take him too long)
1. Sitting in front of the TV, what's on the screen? any reality TV, What Not to Wear, comedies.
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does she get on her salad? Kiersti: "do you guys have Italian?" waiter: "we have vinaigrette" Kiersti: "OK, I'll have none".
3. What's one food she doesn't like? onions.
4. You go out to a restaurant, what does she get to drink? diet coke
5. Where did she go to high school? k-town
6. What is one phrase she says all the time? "I like 'em just fine" (refer to #6 in the "he" section)
7. If she was to collect anything, what would it be? shoes, facebook friends.
8. What is her favorite type of sandwich? turkey & provolone.
9. What would this person eat everyday if she could? an entire loaf of homemade white bread and chocolate chip cookies (or even just the dough).
10. What is her favorite cereal? any bland/healthy cereal.
11. What would she never wear? hats
12. What does she always wear? clothes
13. Who will she vote for? whoever I tell her to (Kiersti says "whatever")
14. Who is her best friend? Bryan
15. How many states has she lived in? Utah
16. Does she have any nervous habits? biting her lip
17. What could she spend hours doing? blogging, Facebook, working, playing with the kids, snuggling
18. She is: fantastic
anyone who wants to do this!
Posted by Kiersti at 9:02 PM
Posted by Kiersti at 5:41 PM