Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Little Catching Up, Perhaps?

Lo finished up her first year of preschool!
They put on the most adorable little program, which was interrupted numerous times by my daughter complaining that she was hungry and wanted muffins.
It was still so cute - they sang little songs, and after it was over served all of the parents muffins.

I've been so happy with the decision to put her in school a year early.  She has learned so much!
She recognizes every letter of the alphabet and all of her numbers, can write her name (almost legibly), and has learned so many cute little songs and poems.

After the program was over I took her for an ice cream cone at Arctic Circle - just Mom and Lo.
As you can tell, she enjoyed it tremendously :)

It was our nephew, Will's birthday and he celebrated it at Chuck-E-Cheese.  The kids ran around like crazy and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.  Us parents.......ummm.....not so much.  I don't think I'll feel the need to be going back there any time soon.
Here's B on the little carousel, sucker in hand, having the time of her little, chubby life.
And I just thought I'd mention that I feel as if it officially became summer today.  Which is a good thing, because all of these clouds, cold, and gloom has done a number on my attitude.  I haven't wanted to do anything, go anywhere, or get out of my givin' up pants in the morning.
But tonight just finally felt like summer.  Bryan mowed the lawn, we BBQ'd, the adorable neighbor girls and Lo colored our driveway with sidewalk chalk hearts and flowers. 
Then I dragged in (kicking and screaming) my quickly tanning girls - who smelled like sweat, fresh cut grass, and sun - and gave them a bath.
They are worn out, went to sleep amazingly fast, and I feel so relaxed and content for the first time in weeks.
This is going to be an awesome summer - I can feel it!

3 comments:

Jennie Olsen said...

cute - thanks for the update! I love that picture of lo and her ice cream cone. I can't wait for M to start preschool this fall!! And... I'm excited to play next week :)

Lindsay said...

LOVE the end of school/beginning of summer time of year! Laughed and laughed about your "givin' up" pants. And the laundry basket comment...fabulous! Ha!

YAY SUMMER!!!

BreeAnn said...

I agree, for me, Saturday felt like the first day of summer and it was a great day!