Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dream a Little Dream

This happened for the first time ever last night.
I was having this completely nutso dream that me, my girl friends, Eva Longoria Parker and Marcia Cross from Desperate Housewives were on the beach in Mexico.
We were marveling at the beauty of the ocean and how nice the resort was we were at.
All of a sudden we were attacked by vicious, massive flying squirrels.
I woke up screaming.
To my knowledge, I've never screamed in my sleep before.
Of course, I woke up, and Bryan, panicking because he was woken up so abruptly, threw half his body protectively over me.
And then I couldn't stop laughing.
But when I did finally get back to sleep, I dreamed that Bryan's parents bought a beach house in Hawaii and we were all there for the first time.
The flying squirrels didn't return.
Apparently, they don't live in Hawaii.
So, out of curiosity I Googled dream interpretation, which took me to http://www.dreammoods.com/
This is what they have to say about squirrels in your dreams:
Squirrel


To see squirrels in your dream, signifies that you are involved in a loveless or pointless relationship or an unprofitable business project. Alternatively, seeing a squirrel in your dream suggests that you are hoarding something. You are holding on to too much and need to learn to let go. Or it could mean that you need to reserve something.


To dream that you are trying to run over squirrels with a lawn mower, suggests that you are trying to change your beliefs or alter your ideas in order to conform to others. You are seeking some form of acceptance.


To dream that you are feeding a squirrel, denotes comfort through hard work, diligence and prudence.


To dream that you are on the beach and looking out toward the ocean, indicates unknown and major changes that are occurring in your life. Consider the state of the ocean, whether it is calm, pleasant, forbidding, etc.
To dream that you are relaxing on a beach, signifies that the coming weeks will be calm and tranquil for you. Your stress will be alleviated and you will find peace of mind

So what does this tell me?
Nowhere does it talk about squirrels attacking you.
Do I need to violently let go of something? 
I don't feel like I have anything to let go.
And there are some major changes coming that will bring some stress relief?
Well, at least that's good news.

Let me know what you think.
I just think it was a crazy dream.

7 comments:

The Byers Family said...

Pregnant maybe? Monitor what you eat at night, it could just have been an undigested peice of beef for instance. I would say the fact that Bryan was partially asleep and threw his body over yours to protect you from whatever was going to get you would indicate that you're in a fabulously loving and fulfilling relationship. Have a good nights sleep tonight, hopefully it will be uneventful!

Lindsay said...

Funny that it mentions trying to run over squirrels with a lawnmower & not squirrels attacking you on a calm beach. I find that odd.

I think it means you were having a violent craving for nuts and that you need a beach house pronto. Or a few of them since you went to another one after returning to sleep. That's just my interpretation. And, I think you should feel great about following through by taking out a loan. Clearly, it's meant to be.

Kiersti said...

Lindsay - I didn't even think about it, but the last thing I ate last night was ALMONDS! That has to be the reason for the squirrels!!!
It's all so clear to me now!

Natalie Strong said...

Personally, I just think it was a crazy dream. Hopefully you have better dreams tonight.

Jennie-O said...

I think that you need some serious beach time eating almonds. Thanks for sharing this crazy dream of yours, and tell bryan he's the husband of the year for throwing himself on you to protect you.

jessica said...

oh man, i'm with ya! my dreams are insane. i love and cherish them and i'm always sad when i wake up and they haven't concluded yet.

i think this one is telling you to stay far away from squirrels and plan a vacation. yes, yes, that's definitely it!

miss you & love you!

Amy and Kris said...

Wow that interpretation is crazy! Okay, I promise I had no clue I changed my background to the same one you had! It was not intentional!